UCCSVI Announcement of ESL Tuition and Books Funding Support
Many Ukrainians who have left their home country under conditions of extreme urgency as a result of a war crisis are in need of rapid English language acquisition as a crucial aspect of adaptation and integration. While free ESL programs exist in our community, individual scheduling remains a challenge for some. With this in mind, UCCSVI is committing $20,000 to support Ukrainian newcomers to help pay for their ESL studies.
- Arrived on CUAET visa after March 2022
Eligible Programs covered:
- Offered by a Canadian credible registered provider (individual tutoring support is not eligible), with official tuition & books receipts
- Any level of English language study
- Program took place from March 2022 onwards, until funding is fully allocated
- Reimbursements up to $500 per applicant
- Covers up to 50% of out-of-pocket payment for tuition and books fees that are not
covered by other sources.
- Proof of payment will be required for reimbursement. Sorry, no advanced payments can be provided.
To apply, please follow these steps:
Put together a complete application. Incomplete applications will not be followed-up on.
- Application form & Declaration filled and signed;
- Copy of CUAET visa;
- Proof of payment;
- Tuition and books payment receipts.
Send complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org with title: ESL Reimbursement Request: YOUR NAME
- Applications will be reviewed by a volunteer appointed by the UCCSVI Board on a biweekly basis. Please do not call or email UCCSVI office to check on your application.
Office Administrator will not be reviewing or awarding payments.
- Reimbursements will be processed, covering up to 50% of your out-of-pocket expenses, up to a maximum of $500. Please note that funds are limited, and reimbursements will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis until the allocated funding is exhausted.